Saturday, January 30, 2010

IDW Bumblebee Issue 1 and 2 thoughts.

So I finally got my hands on Issues 1 and 2 of the Bumblebee mini series from IDW.

First off,if you are a diehard G1 fan then you need to go out and pick this up right now,the characters are the G1 1984 Sunbrow models,and the art is very reminiscent of the old 1984 Marvel G1 comics.

So,this is suppose to be taking place during the IDW Transformers ongoing series,but the art is totally different from the ongoing,Bumblebee is the traditional look for the characters,where as the Ongoing is a mix of Movie and G1 stylings,here is a comparison of Bumblebee from both:

Bumblebee Mini Series Above,Transformers Ongoing Below.




As you can see,the art style for the same story is totally different,at first I wasn't really digging the new style for the ongoing,but the more I read it the more I like it,so I can honestly say that I really like the styles for both the BB mini and the TF ongoing.

Overall,the story for the BB mini is great,I can' wait till issue 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment